[ic] payment only if every field is correct

Javier Martin interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon May 28 13:17:00 2001

Hello again,

I've found the solution in the "Advanced Multi-Level order pages" somewhere
in the docs!  What was happening is that I was misplacing the &fatal=yes
pragma in the order profile. The exact place where it should be is right
before the last field of the customer data, for example

fname=required
lname=required
address1=required
country=required
state=required

&fatal=yes    <-- abort if some error from now on

email=required  <-- now check the email
email=email

&charge=custom authorizenet   <-- charge the customer

It seems that it works because the &fatal=yes pragma tells interchange to
abort the profile if any error occurs, but only after the following check is
performed. If you put the &fatal=yes after the "email=email" check, then the
custom charge routine is still executed although there have been errors in
the earlier checks. Am I right?

Javier