[ic] Asking for more information if buying a certain product

Jillian Carroll interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue May 29 17:04:00 2001

I have a project that I am working on in which I would like to be able to
ask the customer for more information if they buy a certain product.

*** ***

For example:

If John buys a cellular phone, when John checks out he will be prompted for
his SIN/SSI, Driver's License Number and Date of Birth.

Sandy buys something, but it isn't a phone.  When she checks out, only the
default information is asked for.

*** ***

Has anybody done anything like this?  Could somebody give me some guidance
as to where to start, and whether this is even a reasonable undertaking?

THANKS!!!

Jillian Carroll
Internet Consultant
Horizon Computer Solutions