[ic] RE: Interchange-users digest, Vol 1 #542 - 13 msgs

Ben Mirecki interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue May 29 23:22:01 2001

Here's my CommonAdjust line..

CommonAdjust ==size:pricing:blue

Which (based on the table illustrated below) will look up the row in the
pricing table with a sku matching the "size" attribute and the column named
"blue". Now, my question is, how do I replace "blue" with a variable value,
as such:

CommonAdjust ==size:pricing:color
               ^^^^         ^^^^^
             variable      variable

How can I do this? Do I need to use embedded Perl? If so, please give an
example for myself and those of us who are still learning this stuff!
Thanks!

-------------------------------
Try

[data table=pricing column=color key=size]

should return proper price if color and size are replaced with proper info

on 5/28/01 5:39 PM, Ben Mirecki at ben@quadrantfive.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm stuck with a CommonAdjust problem. I want to be able to create a
> CommonAdjust atom that looks up a value from an arbitrary table, based on
> two item attributes.
>
> For example, I have a pricing.txt table as follows:
>
> sku      blue    red    green
> small    9.00    10.00  11.00
> medium   8.75    9.75   10.75
> large    6.00    7.00   8.00
>

> I also have this...
>
> UseModifier color, size
>
> ...defined in my catalog config file. So, I need a CommonAdjust line that
> looks up the item price based on both color and size. Anyone know how this
> is done?
>
> Thanks a million!
> Ben (another Interchange hacker)

Tim Watts
president
Romans1013.net
Internet Hosting
Loaded with features:
FREE shopping cart!
UNLIMITED email!
No Monthly Fees - Just One Low Payment, One Time per Year!
Visit our web site for details:
www.Romans1013.net