[ic] kill -TERM on freebsd

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed May 30 03:15:00 2001

interch wrote:

> The restart script won't work for me on freebsd.  Kill -TERM doesn't seem
> to do the job.  Kill -KILL works fine.  Since the intent is to kill
> interchange and restart it instead of using a -HUP and rereading config
> info, why is this not set to -KILL by default anyways?  Especially since
> perl programs seem to be notorious for not catching signals correctly.

Hmmm....I've not a problem to use the restart script on freebsd.
Which language did you have for the interchange user? English or another
language?
Did you get any error message in your error.log, if the restart script
use the kill -TERM command?
Is more than only one perl (interchange) running (looking via top),
before you start the restart script?

ciao

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger          black point arts Internet Solutions GmbH