[ic] RE: Interchange-users digest, Vol 1 #542 - 13 msgs

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed May 30 11:22:00 2001

At 11:26 PM 05/29/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Here's my CommonAdjust line..
>
>CommonAdjust ==size:pricing:blue
>
>Which (based on the table illustrated below) will look up the row in the
>pricing table with a sku matching the "size" attribute and the column named
>"blue". Now, my question is, how do I replace "blue" with a variable value,
>as such:
>
>CommonAdjust ==size:pricing:color
>                ^^^^         ^^^^^
>              variable      variable
>
>How can I do this? Do I need to use embedded Perl? If so, please give an
>example for myself and those of us who are still learning this stuff!
>Thanks!

The current CommonAdjust docs are really sparse. I think what you want to
do is achievable, though you will probably need to modify your pricing
database structure somewhat.

I strongly recommend you get your hands on an old MV3 or MV4 tarball -
extensive CommonAdjust documentation and examples can be found in those
older versions.  I believe they are still available at ftp.akopia.com.

- Ed l.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax