[ic] how to NOT use products.txt

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 31 08:03:00 2001

> Nope, thats the MOST frustrating part - i CAN access the fields.  I just
> can't edit them via the item properties page because my new field,
> div_icon doesn't show up.  If I click 'Turn Meta Off' or whatever, I can
> see it, and then click on the meta for that, and edit meta properties.

The problem is not a database one. IC knows about the field - you have
proved that.

Did you read / verify my message (below)?

Check Preferences > Item Display for the UI_ITEM_FIELDS setting which
defines which fields are displayed.

Jonathan.

> I restarted interchange, and all seemed well.  BUT, my new column was
> still not showing up when I edit a product.

Have you added the field to the appropriate setting in the Knar? You must do
this in order for it to show up in the product editor in the admin ui.

To check to see if ic recognises the new field, do a table edit in the ui on
the products table.

Jonathan
Webmaint.