[ic] example of bad web programming

Doug Alcorn interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 31 18:19:01 2001

This isn't exactly on topic, but was so funny I had to put up a link
somewhere. :)

https://online.bankone.com/bank/bolLogin.asp?bolErrorMsgStr=This+is+Stupid+I+Think

This is a legitimate web site.  It is actually bankone.com.  The
foible is that they allow an arbitrary text message to be put in the
url.  I don't think there's any real way to exploit this, per se.
However, it just stinks to me as bad design.

As an asside, I wonder if there's a way to force a buffer overflow
with this?
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543