[ic] Searching on more than one table

Thu Nov 1 08:06:01 2001

Quoting Tobias Henle (t.henle@thiesen.com):
> Stefan Hornburg Racke wrote:
>
> > Tobias Henle <t.henle@thiesen.com> writes:

> >>Use SQL!
> >>
> >>** I use SQL for most of my Querys becourse of preformance.
> >>If you debug the SQL Querys form IC you will see that it oftens siply
> >>uses a SELECT * FROM bla; what is not very fast ;)
> >>

> > Even with this restrictions, IC searches are pretty fast. But
> > one can use mv_like_spec with SQL anyway.
> >

> Yes but not if you have 2000 entrys in your Product database and make a
> Query for every Information you need like the data-tag dose.

You might want to check out using rf/mv_return_fields along with [item-param ...].

The FAQ about optimizing lists might help:

    http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icfaq14%2e02

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon