[ic] Searching on more than one table

Thu Nov 1 12:09:04 2001

At 12:57 PM 11/01/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Tobias Henle <t.henle@thiesen.com> writes:
>

>[...]
>

> > Yes but not if you have 2000 entrys in your Product database and make a
> > Query for every Information you need like the data-tag dose.
>
>Uhh ? What do you mean ?
>
>However, vanilla IC searches are fast enough on 2000 entries. You
>need to optimize your pages, I suppose.
>
>Ciao
>         Racke

Yes. I'm not condoning it, but I have a client with around 25,000 records
in a products file - the source text weighs in at around 4MB - using the
default db (GBDM). He can get just about any results list (1 item or 100's)
in about 2 seconds - it is just a matter of indexing and using coordinated
search terms or the fast binary search methods.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax