[ic] template: ; t_file=templates/

Bernino Lind interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 10:46:01 2001

Hello all,

In the Admin UI I get the following error on editing ../special_pages/*

Template read error reading ''.
template: ; t_file=templates/

I get the following log entry:

195.249.214.181 7ezt7paR:195.249.214.181 - [02/November/2001:16:41:09 +0100]
catpipe /cgi-bin/catpipe/admin/page_edit search error: your search file a
valid database reference, was 'backup'.

I have the following in the pages, which has not been modified from standard
install, in this case for example missing.html:
[tmp page_title]
Sorry, the page (@@MV_PREV_PAGE@@) was not found
[/tmp]
@_NOLEFT_TOP_@

<H1>[scratch page_title]</H1>

The requested page ([subject]) was not found. You can [page index]return
to browsing our catalog</a>, if you wish.

@_NOLEFT_BOTTOM_@
<!-- current page: @@MV_PAGE@@ -->

I found this in google:
"copy noleft template to fullwidth"

I did that, but no luck.

I found this in the perl code that produces the log:

        TEMPLATE_READ:  {
                last TEMPLATE_READ if $tref;
                last TEMPLATE_READ if ! $exists;
                ($ary) = $Tag->read_ui_template($t_file);
                $tref = shift @$ary;
                ref($tref) =~ /HASH/
                        or return tmp_error(
                                        "Template read error reading '%s'.",
                                        $t_name,
                                );
                last TEMPLATE_READ if $tref;

   }

So I guess there is an issue with reading a file called ''. Thats acceptable
seen from my point of view ;-) - but how do I actually make IC behave. I
mean - I have clicked the file etc. in the admin UI, so the file name should
be in the HTTP POST variable somewhere (or is it a GET...).

I tried to see if it would work by making a ln -s into the pages directory.
No luck.

Then I tried to copy a file I have in pages/ called aboutus.html, which I
can work with no problem in the Admin UI, to special_pages/

It works in pages/ _but_ not in special_pages. Aha.

Is there a little bug somewhere...?

--
med venlig hilsen / Best Regards
Bernino Lind +45 7021 0050