[ic] Image Upload in item editor

Curt Hauge interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 12:43:00 2001

> > Quoting Mathew Jones:
> >

> >>I am using Interchange 4.8.1 and when uploading images using  the item
> >>editor it uploads the file with the full path name e.g
> >>c:\windows\image.gif
> >>Looking through the list I found the suggestion below from Mike, however
> >>when I go to the edit the metadata there is no 'imagehelper' option,
> >>only Image Listing & Image Upload.
> >>
> >>----
> >>Make sure the metadata is:
> >>
> >>code: products::image
> >>type: imagehelper
> >>prepend: http://__SAMPLEHTML__
> >>outboard: images/items
>
> It is when i have Image Upload set that i am experiencing the problem
> mentioned above. When i set Image listing, it has a link which sends me
> to the File Transfer tools.
> It is my belief that when you create and save a new item, it will
> automatically upload the images you specify. Am I wrong?

I don't know if you are wrong, but the way I upload new images is, use
'image listing' as your widget type and use the append html code (which is
in the foundation template within the products image field meta info, and
below). This append code produces a hyperlink to upload a new image. I am
not sure what the 'image upload' widget does, actually.

<A
HREF="admin/upload_file?ui_image_preview=/foundation2/images/items/_UI_VALUE
_&ui_upload_binary=1&ui_upload_backup=0&mv_arg=images/items/_UI_VALUE_&ui_st
art_dir=items&ui_return_to=admin/item_edit&ui_return_to=item_id=_UI_KEY_&ui_
preload=_UI_TABLE_:_UI_COLUMN_">upload...</A>

Good luck!

Curt Hauge