[ic] Credit Card Info

Mon Nov 5 10:46:27 2001

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, John Beima wrote:

JB>>What do you think they would say? I bet you cc company would yank your ability
JB>>to take cc's if they knew you were doing this.

American Express 'spam'd' all of it's merchants about a month ago (as I
recall) and they were explicit. If I am going to accept 'The Card' in
e-commerce that card number has to be removed from the server within 15
minutes. They also require secure connections for all phases of card number
transmissions. (They made several other demands also.)

They left no doubt in my mind that if an American Express Cardholders card
number gets compromised while they are doing e-commerce business with me
that my ass is going to be swinging from the nearest tree.

Personally, I figure that if a person is too stupid to figure out how to
work around the safeguards that Mike has put in, then they are too stupid to
be able to properly protect the data that they are trying to compromise.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Sunday, November 04, 2001 at 19:35 PM:
A few cans short of a six pack, Six short.

This Linux System has been up 225 hours