[ic] Credit Card Info

System Administrator interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 12:01:13 2001

----------1004979363

Jim Balcom <jim@idk-enterprises.com> wrote ..
> On Sun, 4 Nov 2001 cfm@maine.com wrote:
>
> >>watch out!, etc....  If you were only handling your own data in a sandbox,
> >>that would be one thing; my 8 year old can drive my truck in the north
> >>woods but nowhere else.
>
> Coming from 'maine.com' and saying the 'north woods' certainly introducing
> new meaning to the word 'north'! :-)
>
> >>Look at all the people STILL infected with code red and nimda.  How sad
> is
> >>it when we see something like secure.somebank.com trying to infect us
> with
> >>it?
>
> I'm still being flooded. I've had to install filters in my logs so that
> Analog ignores them. It's almost a Denial OF Service!
>
> I'm told that my ISP can block them, but that it will slow down my connect
> speed.
>
> I guess that I can only tolerate the attacks as further proof of Bill Gates
> stupid mentality!
>
> -= Jim =-

> Jim's Linux-Operated Underground Bomb Shelter
>
> Tagline for Sunday, November 04, 2001 at 20:15 PM:
> A mind is a terrible thing to taste.

> I'm still being flooded. I've had to install filters in my logs so that
> Analog ignores them. It's almost a Denial OF Service!

Just place the following in a .htaccess file in your HTML dir and watch the logs clear up and re-gain your bandwidth from custom 404's due to Nimda...

redirect /scripts http://www.stoptheviruscold.invalid
redirect /MSADC http://www.stoptheviruscold.invalid
redirect /c http://www.stoptheviruscold.invalid
redirect /d http://www.stoptheviruscold.invalid
redirect /_mem_bin http://stoptheviruscold.invalid
redirect /msadc http://stoptheviruscold.invalid
RedirectMatch (.*)\cmd.exe$ http://stoptheviruscold.invalid$1

I regained a couple if GB of bandwidth with the above, and also, do not have to worry about false access logs.....

Hope it helps

~RS
----------1004979363--