[IC] Internal server error...

Mon Nov 5 12:24:05 2001

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 10:39:57AM -0800, Glenn McCalley wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, Joachim.
>
> interchange.cfg has "Variable DEBUG 1"
>
> I also uncommented the "::logDebug" statements in interchange.  The
> /tmp/icdebug file shows the activity and it looks OK (AFAIK).  The last
> entry in each case is:
>     main::debug: arg is
>     mail::debug: paht=admin/order
>
> ...but still 500 error.  Also, 5 minutes after the failure, the interchange
> error.log shows "Spurious PID file for process xxxxx supposedly running 301
> seconds".  I suppose this is whatever task was forked and died being killed
> for running too long?

HouseKeeping 300  is 5 minutes.  It is cleaning up the pid for the
failed process.  Just what it says.  It is not an error.

> Are there other programs where logging should be uncommented?  Or
> everywhere?  Or is there a way to enable some logging in the task that's
> being left behind?

hmmm, a debugger that only works when there is an error. :-)  Maybe Mike
can add that to the wish list?

No, you need to add logging or hack out code until you find the failure.