[ic] Mixed Shipping Problem

Mon Nov 5 18:34:00 2001

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Jerry wrote:

J>>Anyone have a setup for UPS shipping by weight
J>>however FREE shipping over a certain dollar amount?
J>>We'd like to have free shipping in 4.7 IC when the
J>>order subtotal exceeds $200.00 and otherwise use the
J>>UPS lookup and charge by weight?

J>>It thought the setup below would work. It allows the
J>>free shipping if over $200, but for orders under that
J>>amount, it tries to continues to use the subtotal
J>>amount instead calculating on the shipping weight. So an
J>>order with a subtotal amount $182, it reports taht 182 POUNDS
J>>is too heavy for UPS. It's like it only looks at the third
J>>column of shipping.asc for the first row and ignores it after that.
J>>If I remeove the first line of upsg, it calcs on weight
J>>just fine. What am I missing here?

J>>upsg	UPS Ground	[subtotal noformat=1]	200	9999999	0

I think that there needs to more to this line.

Here is what I used with FedEx Ground on a recent campaign, although someone
reported that something didn't like a '0' (zero).

fdxg    Ground  [subtotal noformat=1]   80      999999  e Free Shipping
{'ui_ship_type' => "_subtotal",'ups' => "0",}

fdxg    Ground  weight  0       0       e Nothing to ship!
{'ui_ship_type' => "weight",'table' => "Ground",'zone' => "220",'ups'
=> "1",'at_least' => "5.50",'adder' => "(\@\@TOTAL\@\@ * .25 ) +
0.00",'geo' => "zip",}

fdxg    Ground  weight  0       150     u Ground [value name=zip
filter=digits default=22306] {}

fdxg    Ground  weight  150     999999  e @@TOTAL@@ lbs too heavy for
FedEx {}

Now these are long lines that I have wrapped for the purpose of this
message. The fields are also tab-delimited.

It worked just fine for me. YMMV.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, November 05, 2001 at 18:30 PM:
Oxymoron: Team of Independents.

This Linux System has been up 248 hours