[ic] Mixed Shipping Problem

Jerry interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 20:05:01 2001

Jim,
Thanks. This works fine except for one minor bug. It looks
like the shipping criteria is stored in the cart. So if a buyer
selects 3 of an item which exceeds the dollar amount for free
shipping, they get the free shipping. If they reduce the quantity
to get them back into a dollar range which should get shipping
charged, shipping is either charged as weight, but on the SUBTOTAL
figure, or they get a shipping message similar
to: Note: 182 lbs too heavy for UPS. 182 is the dollar subtotal,
NOT the shipping weight. If the cart is cleared, then all is ok
and it gets reset.

There must be a simple way to clear the shipping criteria each time
the cart contents change at all. Have to figure that one out.
Half the battle is won however!

Jerry