[ic] Mixed Shipping Problem

Mon Nov 5 21:16:01 2001

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Jerry wrote:

J>>Thanks. This works fine except for one minor bug. It looks
J>>like the shipping criteria is stored in the cart. So if a buyer
J>>selects 3 of an item which exceeds the dollar amount for free
J>>shipping, they get the free shipping. If they reduce the quantity
J>>to get them back into a dollar range which should get shipping
J>>charged, shipping is either charged as weight, but on the SUBTOTAL
J>>figure, or they get a shipping message similar
J>>to: Note: 182 lbs too heavy for UPS. 182 is the dollar subtotal,
J>>NOT the shipping weight. If the cart is cleared, then all is ok
J>>and it gets reset.
J>>
J>>There must be a simple way to clear the shipping criteria each time
J>>the cart contents change at all. Have to figure that one out.
J>>Half the battle is won however!

I've got no idea.

I only used this for a few days and it worked fine. But, I doubt that anyone
tried to play games. My attitude is that if they got their dollar value up
that high and played around that I'll give them the free shipping to get the
order and the satisfaction.

I see a lot of toss ups here. I use such things as gimmicks to increase
sales and I'll give away things to make the customer think that they have
'won' as long as the expense is tolerable to me.

Basically, my personal impression is that if the customer thinks that they
are getting a 'deal' they  are happy. If that 'deal' is one that I can live
with then we are both 'happy' - no matter how screwed up it is.

I specialize in 'Customer Satisfaction' I can have the best product in the
world and the worse customer service and I will fail. Conversely, I can have
the worse product and the best customer service and I will succeed.

But, then, I am a plow-jockey from upstate New York without a college
education or business degree. So, what do I know?

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, November 05, 2001 at 21:00 PM:
I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

This Linux System has been up 251 hours