[ic] Shipping Criterion

Tue Nov 6 10:49:01 2001

Quoting Jerry (jerry@digitalfm.com):
> I've been fighting with this for a couple of days now.
> Perhaps it's not possible, but I doubt it.
> Is there a way to force IC to use the shipping criteria
> on line shipping line it is using? It seems it uses the
> cirteria from the first line of a group reguardless of which
> line it uses to make the calulation or query? With the setup
> below, if the value of the order is UNDER 200.00 it passes
> the first and second line and uses the 3rd, which it should.
> However, it uses the SUBTOTAL instead of the WEIGHT for the
> calulation. I've tried this in both 4.7x and 4.8.2 with the
> exact same results.
>
> Should I be attacking free shipping on order total from
> another angle? Is it just not possible to mix criteria in a
> single set of shipping type?

It is not possible, but there are other ways.

Set up a couple of variables in catalog.cfg:

Variable   FREE_SHIPPING_LEVEL  80
Variable   FREE_OR_WEIGHT <<EOV
[calc]
    my $subt = q{[subtotal noformat=1]};
    return 0 if $subt >= $Variable->{FREE_SHIPPING_LEVEL};
    return 'weight';
[/calc]
EOV

Then reconfig and use __FREE_OR_WEIGHT__ as the criteria.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown