[ic] Sales tax for non us countries

joachim.richter interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 14:14:13 2001

Hi list,

by searching the docs I have found a solution for the problem of taxation of non us countries.
I am trying to use the country table and the tax field in it.

this is what I found :

Change TAXAREA    state    zip    Payment to TAXAREA    country    Payment
(in products/variables.txt)

changes in checkout.html:
not it works with the js altered a little bit... its now:
The line:
        var ch = form.state.value;
is now:
        var ch = form.country.value;
.
and change
<select name=country> to: <select name=country onChange="check_tax(this.form)">

I made all the changes but it still doesn't work, does anybody know how to set the taxation
for the european countries or am I overlokking something ? The thing that seems odd is the
"check_tax(this.form)", oops I am lost

thanxs for any help

JoE
US Video Center Medien GmbH