[ic] Sales tax for non us countries

Tue Nov 6 15:11:00 2001

At 02:54 PM 11/06/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi list,
>
>by searching the docs I have found a solution for the problem of taxation
>of non us countries.
>I am trying to use the country table and the tax field in it.
>
>this is what I found :
>
>Change TAXAREA    state    zip    Payment to TAXAREA    country    Payment
>(in products/variables.txt)
>
>changes in checkout.html:
>not it works with the js altered a little bit... its now:
>The line:
>         var ch = form.state.value;
>is now:
>         var ch = form.country.value;
>.
>and change
><select name=country> to: <select name=country
>onChange="check_tax(this.form)">
>
>I made all the changes but it still doesn't work, does anybody know how to
>set the taxation
>for the european countries or am I overlokking something ? The thing that
>seems odd is the
>"check_tax(this.form)", oops I am lost
>
>thanxs for any help

Assuming you are using 4.6.x or 4.8.x, that's wrong - you need to go to
Administration->Preferences->Tax and change the TAXFIELD from state to
country. Then you'll need to set up your tax areas (country codes) and
corresponding rates with Administration->Tax.  Then Apply Changes and I
think it should work.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax