[ic] Getting rid of mv_session_id in Process Forms?

Wed Nov 7 20:31:00 2001

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 06:37:55PM -0600, Nick Hall wrote:
> I have IC pages with links like:
>   [page form="
>                mv_click=subcat
>                mv_todo=return
>                mv_nextpage=subcat
>                subcategory='abc'
>                startRow=0
>               "]
>
> which use the process form action to pass multiple values to a page. I have
> "ScratchDefault mv_no_session_id 1" set in my catalog.cfg and when you go
> to a product page, if the user has cookies on, it won't put the session id
> in the url. However, regardless of the status of cookies, the process urls
> always have the mv_session_id in the url.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Looking through Interpolate.pm, I
> see that if I set the scratch variable mv_force_cache then it won't put the
> session id there. Does anyone know more about this scratch variable? I
> can't find any documentation on it. Thanks.

I'd not count on mv_force_cache for that purpose.  Look in the docs
for page caching.  It probably lets you build a cached version of a page
that would otherwise not be permitted because of the various tags.

You'd probably be better off modifying the tag [page] instead.  Look
at Util::VendUrl (I'm use an older version myself but it's probably the
same.)  You will find it elsewhere too.

Plus you will be able to back it out easier.  :-)  Our experience is to
do everything we can to maintain session, even redundant.  What are you
trying to accomplish by not showing the session id?