[ic] Uh Oh, Newbie in deep trouble!

Thu Nov 8 08:32:00 2001

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Andrew M. La Marche wrote:

AMLM>>I think that I just got in over my head. I want to open up an online store
AMLM>>but know hardly anything about programming. I downloaded the tarbal, and
AMLM>>there it sits. I have no idea how to install this awesomely breathtaking
AMLM>>script. Is there anyone out there that might be interested in helping out an
AMLM>>inexperienced newbie like me? I would really like to use this script but
AMLM>>wow! is it beyond my means for right now! I think that once it was up and
AMLM>>running I wouldn't have too much difficulty getting the hang of
AMLM>>administering it...

Interchange has a VERY, VERY steep learning curve. It's docs are difficult,
even for experienced programmers.

It has a LOT of great features which can make it worth the work.

It took me nearly 6 months of work (in between running a business) to get my
store on line.

I suggest that you send an e-mail to support@akopia.com. For a fee, they
will install it for you. That way you will know that it is installed right.

However, unless there are some particular features that IC has, I suggest
you start out with something easier.

One that worked very well for me is commerce.cgi by Richie Carey. It, too,
is free, and the docs are relatively sparse in that one too.

In the meantime, to open the tarball--

tar -xzvf [filename]

There are doc files in there that can get you started.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 08:25 AM:
Police Blotter: Energizer Bunny Charged with Battery!

This Linux System has been up 310 hours