[ic] Items not appearing in front end

Thu Nov 8 13:15:01 2001

At 11:06 AM 11/08/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>At 11:32 AM 10/29/01 -0500, you wrote:
>>Hello again all,
>>         One of our IC (4.8.2 RH7.1, Perl 5.6.1) sites appears to be
>> "forgetting" about a few item in the database.  Everything shows up fine
>> in the admin UI, you can search for/modify/delete/clone the items in the
>> UI.  But the front end doesn't display them.  You can do a search for
>> the or other unique text/entries the item may have and it will always
>> come up with:
>>
>>Sorry, I didn't find any matches for ARRAY(0x837df18).
>>
>>With no error.log entry.
>>
>>I've checked the txt structure.  Deleted the gdbm/recreated it.  I even
>>tried deleting the entry, and then recreating it with the same sku
>>#.  The behavior is still the same.  This got me to thinking that there
>>might be an old entry fragment or something.  I checked all  the db/txt
>>files and couldn't find any reference to any of the faulty sku's.  They
>>only appear in the products table.  At this point I'm almost thinking
>>that it is some strange quirk in GDBM, and am about ready to try
>>migrating it to pgsql to see if that corrects the problem.  There are
>>only 3/>500 items that exhibit this behavior, and before I do that, I
>>wanted to see if anyone on the list has experienced anything similar to this.
>

>I posted the above message a while ago, I am still experiencing this
>problem.  I have moved the database to pgsql 7.0.3 and can manually do the
>query through the command line.  I can in IC use the URL to do something
>like this.
>http://www.diabeticexpress.com/cgi-bin/dexpress.cgi/scan/sf=code/se=04-09
>or even http://www.diabeticexpress.com/cgi-bin/dexpress.cgi/04-09.html
>
>But you can't search through the search box for it.  It will always give
>an error.  I have two other products that exhibit the exact same
>behavior.  Again, nothing shows up in either error logs, and every time I
>try to turn DEBUG on, it IC fails on me.  Which I can't have on a live
>site.  The search box is the search_box_small component.  My setup is:
>
>IC 4.8.2
>Perl 5.6.1
>RaqXTR (modded version of rh6.x)

Perhaps that search form needs some work.  I went to your site and did an
'missing' product came up.  I would edit search_box_small and try a
simplified set of search terms:

               <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
               <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=[control matches
10]>
               <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
               <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE="*">
               <input type=hidden name=mv_substring_match value=1>
               <INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=8>

...that should return a better set of results.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax