[ic] server unavailable

Curtis Gardner interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Nov 11 19:27:01 2001

Thanks Ryan,

That was a good try but it didn't work for me.  I tried rerunning the
makecat program and at the permission type, I answered G instead M.  That
did not work either.  I reverified that interchange is running as interch,
the same owner and group of the foundation executable in the cgi-bin.

I would try building a store but after rebuilding the foundation demo,
making sure the foundation executeable was replaced, I don't think that
would work.  Do you or anyone else have more ideas.

Thanks again,
Curtis

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Ryan
Hertz
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 5:29 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ic] server unavailable

At 04:06 PM 11/11/01 -0500, Curtis Gardner wrote:
>I can go to "http://127.0.0.1/foundation/" and get what appears to be
>straight html page with "Customer Entrance" and "Admin Entrance" links.
>Clicking either gives me a message saying "We're sorry, the Interchange
>server is unavailable  ...".  Apache's logs aren't telling me anything and
>can't find any logs for Interchange.  Substituting localhost,
>localhost.localdomain does not work either.  It is as though the foundation
>executable can't talk to the interchange process but that's just a stab at
>it.  In the same directory as the foundation directory, apache's test-cgi
>works fine but this html also.

If the Interchange daemon is in fact running, and you get a result from the
cgi it means, as you correctly guessed, they can't talk to each other.

The cgi probably doesn't have the setuid bit set:

chmod u+s {apache}/cgi-bin/foundation.cgi   (or whatever it is named)

And make sure it is owned by the same user running the interchange daemon.