[ic] Scalability of IC

Sun Nov 11 20:45:01 2001

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Michael Stearne wrote:

MS>>I have a client that wants to implement IC for their on-line retail
MS>>presence.  In your opinion (experienced MV/IC users) could IC eventually
MS>>be used to replace their in-house inventory system.  The current system

In it's present configuration: !!NO!!

You can, however, write some add-on modules to the demos that will do a very
nice job of it.

I am using Retail Plus from True North Computer Systems in Canada for my
inventory and POS system.

I print out the e-mails from IC, and manually enter it all into the POS,
including Charge Card info and let the POS do the Charge Card verifications
through ICVerify.

I prefer to have to do these addditional steps since it keeps me in closer
contact with the customers and allow me to give them better customer
service.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Sunday, November 11, 2001 at 20:40 PM:
My cat is good for nothing, but he's very, very good!

This Linux System has been up 0 hours