[ic] Credit Card Checking & CreditCardAuto

Ethan Goldstine interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 13:07:01 2001

Hi, All--

I am new to Interchange, am setting up a store for the first and am
somewhat confused about the use of CreditCardAuto, even after reading the
documentation and everything posted to the boards about it.

When CreditCardAuto is set to Yes, a valid credit card generates the "Can't
figure out credit card expiration" that is documented in other postings.

I have EncryptProgram set to gpg, and the software is successfully
encrypting the e-mail it's sending to the store owner.  I have tried
setting EncryptProgram to /usr/bin/gpg -a -e -r ethan@kapow.com and that
doesn't help.

I'm assuming that when CreditCardAuto is functioning properly, it saves the
encrypted credit card info into the database.  What field does it go
into?  I don't think I have a field for it in any of my tables.  Is that
possibly what's causing the problem?

The bottom line is this: does anyone have a good explanation of exactly
what CreditCardAuto does and how it does it?

Thanks,

Ethan

Ethan Goldstine
Producer, kapow, inc.