[ic] multiple stores - one cart

Mon Nov 12 13:16:01 2001

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 05:12:45PM +0000, dave@belleekshop.com wrote:
> Thanks Jim
>
> Sym links are under consideration, I though that there may be an IC specific way of going about it. During makecat there is a  references to Share Url where catalogs can share common images and files, didn't know what the extent of "sharing" was.
>
> Sorry Christopher
>
> didn't mean to confuse. There are 3 stores that at present have no shared or common parts, all databases, files, images, etc. are all seperate, united only in running under the same instance of IC.
>
> The physical stores are all owned by the same person and reside in the same warehouse, so it would make sense (if possible) to have a common cart, shipping, etc. and it would also be advantagous for the customers as they could select from the different stores but just go through one checkout process.
> Thanks for the help

So what you are really looking for is your administrative and
maintenance convenience, right?

Suppose each store had a different merchant account (if it is tied in online),
a different name, different email order to, and you just want them
to LOOK the same except for various fill in the blanks, then
yes, you can do that very easily.  In rough decreasing order of difficulty,
you could use locale, or various [file includes], or even frame a
basic anonymous catalog - just make sure your ssl checkout is under
one single name to save pain.  :-)  Symlinks yes, we've done that too;
it's a mess compared to one catalog.