[ic] Credit Card Checking & CreditCardAuto

Mon Nov 12 14:34:32 2001

Quoting Ethan Goldstine (ethan@kapow.com):
> Hi, All--
>
> I am new to Interchange, am setting up a store for the first and am
> somewhat confused about the use of CreditCardAuto, even after reading the
> documentation and everything posted to the boards about it.
>
> When CreditCardAuto is set to Yes, a valid credit card generates the "Can't
> figure out credit card expiration" that is documented in other postings.
>
> I have EncryptProgram set to gpg, and the software is successfully
> encrypting the e-mail it's sending to the store owner.  I have tried
> setting EncryptProgram to /usr/bin/gpg -a -e -r ethan@kapow.com and that
> doesn't help.
>
> I'm assuming that when CreditCardAuto is functioning properly, it saves the
> encrypted credit card info into the database.  What field does it go
> into?  I don't think I have a field for it in any of my tables.  Is that
> possibly what's causing the problem?
>
> The bottom line is this: does anyone have a good explanation of exactly
> what CreditCardAuto does and how it does it?

CreditCardAuto is legacy and should almost never be used.

It automatically encrypts a credit card the moment it notices
mv_credit_card_number in the submitted values.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous