[ic] why does convert-date cause 500 error? (Foundation demo)

Mon Nov 12 14:40:43 2001

Quoting Glenn McCalley (techlist@bnetmd.net):
> Finally isolated it!  It's "convert-date"!!
> In the admin UI, -any- page that contains the "convert-date" tag produces a
> "500 Internal Server Error".  Every time.  Remove that tag and that tag
> only, and the page displays fine (well, no data where the date should be,
> but it displays).
>
> Anyone know what could cause this or had this before (I don't see it in the
> list archives) or am I launching into the convert-date routine next?  All
> comments appreciated.

This is a bad POSIX library on your system, or a bad build by Perl of
its links to it.

It is a shame that Perl and FreeBSD work so poorly together. These
problems are constant, and in my opinion the FreeBSD people should be
concerned that there are so many bad Perl builds out there.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon