[ic] workaround found for 99%CPU usage problem in Vend/SessionFile.pm: "::uneval($ref);" fixes it

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 18:46:00 2001

Steffen Dettmer wrote:

> * Mike Heins wrote on Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 15:39 -0500:
> > Quoting Steffen Dettmer (steffen@dett.de):
>  [...]
> > > And it works, too. No 99% CPU processes. I don't know what unveal
> > > does, but it workarounds the problem. I'm afraid that this don't
> > > fixes the issue but gives a point less where it gets triggered.
> > >
> > > For completness a patch:
> >
> > I don't see any context here, but I do recommend that no one do
> > this
>
> Hum, yep, of course, I forgot to say it explicitly that this
> patch is not for any user but for developer only, and only to
> make clear what I changed exactly. Second, this patch is empiric
> guessed as I tried to insinuate.
>
> What do you mean with "I don't see any context here"? To less
> patch context? I just used diff -u which defaults to 3 lines
> context.
>
> > I am guessing your operating system is BSD.
>
> I'm running linux.
>
> > Why I should have to guess, I don't know -- it should be
> > mandatory to mention that in a message like this.
>
> You're right, sorry. It's an SuSE 7.0 distribution:
> Linux stella 2.2.16-SMP #1 SMP Wed Aug 2 20:01:21 GMT 2000 i686 unknown
> with the old Perl 5.005_03.
[DEL]
> Well, for me it looks like a mysteria at all. Any ideas?

I'm not sure, if my hint can help you. But did you read any error
message from /var/log/messages?
I've gotten a 99% CPU processes on a cobalt server with suse linux,
because the RAM was not enough (65 MB) and I've gotten an error messages
about the page (swap oder VM) in /var/log/messages. With 256 MB RAM, the
99% CPU processes goes away.

I'm a FreeBSD user!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]