[ic] multiple stores - one cart

Thu Nov 15 12:25:01 2001

Thanks Christopher

your interest is inspiring :o)

You may have solved my problem by giving me an alternative way of looking at the stores in general, maybe I've been over-complicating it.

Essentially, the physical side is one big store that has three major suppliers, each supplier has a different product line (thousand or so items each), they are all sold under the one roof, but in different sections (but only one merchant account).

As you quite rightly put it, I'm trying to make it easy for administration of stocks (ie keeping the databases seperate) and the ordering/mailing together.

I'll take your suggestion,though, and put the stocks together for the on-line store and seperate them by menus, it's going to be the quickest way and I'm running out of time very quickly.

Once our new epos system is finished being installed, (I'm doing that as well) I'll have a bit more time and return to the problem then.

thanks again

Dave