[ic] Lower To Upper Case???

Matthew Bottrell interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 21:35:00 2001

On Friday, November 16, 2001 11:50 AM, Jim Balcom penned the following:

>I built up a 'GFrab 'N Go' function that I put in the upper left corner of
>the page on the construct demo.

[snip snip]

>So, how do I get an input of 'at-m' converted to 'AT-M' so that the search
>will find it.
>
>(This is a very valuable function! Repeat customers that already know your
>SKU's can enter this in, along with the quantity and that item is put into
>their cart immediately. They can come in, place their order and their
charge
>card information and be gone in under a minute!)

Why not use some JavaScript and then force all values to upper case?

Here's a snippet of code to do the trick...

	SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><!--
	function convert() {
	    document.myForm.myText1.value =
document.myForm.myText1.value.toUpperCase();
	    document.myForm.myText2.value =
document.myForm.myText2.value.toUpperCase();
	}
	//--></SCRIPT>

	<FORM NAME="myForm" onSubmit="convert()">
	<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="myText1">
	<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="myText2">
	<INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT">
	</FORM>

Hope that helps and gives you what you want!

Cheers,

MB.