[ic] Status of server error generating bug in rpc mode?

interch interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 23:19:00 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Mike Heins wrote:

> Quoting interch (interch@client.paymentonline.com):
> >
> > My guess is that this and maybe other code snippets somehow tell IC
> > incorrectly that
> > backup is a valid database, and after that it gets cached somewhere and
> > from
> > then on IC thinks backup is a valid database, which would explain why once
> > I trigger this it then happens constantly no matter where I am in the
> > admin until I restart, since it seems there are a
> > couple of places at least where when doing an open or close on a database,
> > IC  opens or closes all known databases, and hits this invalid database
> > that causes the error?
> >

> My guess is there is a dbconf/*/backup.dbm file but no backup.txt file
> in products. Try creating a products/backup.txt with:

The problem appears to be that when you reference a database, this time in
a loop tag using fi=db, that table gets added to the list of databases IC
thinks is valid.  dummy_database loops through all of those, and dies when
it runs into one that isn't defined.  The only place I have found the
offending code so far is in lib/UI/pages/admin/template_edit.html in the
code I posted in the last message.  Just go in and change fi=backup to
fi=someothername, then go to content->template edit, edit a template, and
save it.  You should get the error at that point, and then after that
click on admin and you will see someothername listed as an IC table..

If not running in pre fork mode this doesn't happen.  From here I am
pretty lost, not knowing the internals of IC I'm not really sure where to
start looking next without spending a lot of time.

Chris

 > > as the only contents. See if
it goes away. >