[ic] DBD problem revisited

Patrick J. Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 17:28:00 2001

    About a week ago I asked for help installing DBD/DBI libraries without
root access.  Eventually I convinced my ISP to do the upgrading.  Now I have
a new problem.

    RH 6.2, Interchange 4.8

    When I make the variable changes required to use the mysql database
instead of gdbm, the changes apply just fine.  However, the tables aren't
created and the cart doesn't work.  Note that I can use mysql from the
command prompt and login and create tables and such with no problem.  This
is the error:

66.74.46.220 75tC5bVt:66.74.46.220 - [16/November/2001:16:33:33 -0500]
dyna-q /~dyna-q/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html Runtime error: connect failed
(create) -- Undefined subroutine &DBD::mysql::db::_login called at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux/DBD/mysql.pm line 131, <IN> chunk
16.
>       (in cleanup) Driver has not implemented DESTROY for
DBI::db=HASH(0x9e72f74) at
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 203

    Does that mean anything to anyone?  Sounds like my perl libraries are
still bad?  They were just installed from CPAN yesterday.

    Here's my DSN: dbi:mysql:dynaq_interch:localhost:3306

    The information contained in the DSN is all correct and work (in
conjunction with username/password) using mysql at the command line.  There
are no errors in the mysql error log.  If there are other mysql logs, I
don't have access to them.

    Does anyone have any thoughts?

..Patrick