[ic] THE REAL ONE: Problems using foundation wizard

Daniel P. Zepeda interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 18:35:10 2001

This is the real post.

Hi,

I'm trying to use the foundation wizard to set up a store. When I have
everything set up, on the "Preview" Screen, when I click the "Finish"
button I get the following error in the logs:

x.x.x.x aJANAIHa:dzepeda dzepeda [16/November/2001:17:17:01 -0600] testcat1
1 /cgi-bin/testcat11/ui Safe: require trapped by operation mask at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/File/Copy.pm line 10.

Copy.pm contains a 'use 5.005_64' directive at line 10.

I've search through the archives for similar problems, I found one suggestion
to use  the AllowGlobal directive. I tried this by adding the following lines
in my interchange.cfg and restarting:

#========================================================
#Catalog  store  /var/lib/interchange/store  /cgi-bin/store
Catalog       foundation /var/lib/interchange/foundation /cgi-bin/foundation
/foundation

Catalog       testcat11 /var/lib/interchange/testcat11 /cgi-bin/testcat11
/testcat11

AllowGlobal testcat11    # <--- Added this line
#========================================================================#

This had no effect on the problem.

I noticed that there was a 'SafeUntrap' directive in the configuration file so
I started trying to untrap things, just to try to get it to work. I just went
down the list, when I got a particular error from Safe, I "untrapped" it. I
tried 'require', then 'caller' then got down to '-d'. I couldn't untrap -d, and
since this doesn't seem to be the way to go anyway, I gave up.

Is there a recommended workaround for this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help you folks might give.

--
"Daniel P. Zepeda" <dzepeda@satx.net>