[ic] bug report: error in 4.8.2 makecat

Bob Ramstad interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 19:24:01 2001

I was having some problems creating a catalog in 4.8.2 using makecat.
I've had some success using earlier versions of Interchange.

My DocumentRoot is /home/httpd/html and the default is /var/www/html
when makecat runs.  I *definitely* specified the correct directory
interactively -- I've done this a few times -- and still the makecat
script outputs

Copying share/ files to /var/www/html.......................done.

When I look at /var/www/html, it is apparent that a directory named
/var/www/html/interchange is being created by makecat and populated
with a bunch of graphics -- and /home/httpd/html/interchange does not
exist.

I tracked this down because I was getting all broken graphics in the
admin interface.

mv /var/www/html/interchange /home/httpd/html/

fixes the problem entirely.

I hope this information helps and perhaps makes it so the FAQ "broken
graphics in admin interface" goes away...

If there is a more intelligent place to make these bug reports, please
let me know... between this one and the foundation catalog.cfg needing
Business::UPS, these are two stupid problems that newbies will run
into over and over again if they aren't fixed.

-- Bob