[ic] bug report: error in 4.8.2 makecat

Jon Jensen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 20:00:01 2001

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Bob Ramstad wrote:

> I was having some problems creating a catalog in 4.8.2 using makecat.
> I've had some success using earlier versions of Interchange.

tarball? RPM?

> My DocumentRoot is /home/httpd/html and the default is /var/www/html
> when makecat runs.  I *definitely* specified the correct directory
> interactively -- I've done this a few times -- and still the makecat
> script outputs

Sounds like a bug. :)

> mv /var/www/html/interchange /home/httpd/html/
>
> fixes the problem entirely.

A quick permanent workaround would be:

ln -s /home/httpd /var/www

> If there is a more intelligent place to make these bug reports, please
> let me know...

http://interchange.redhat.com/bugs/ is the place, but we really hope
anyone who submits a bug will give enough details and make sure it's
reproducible (preferably on a clean install of the latest IC), because
otherwise it's usually very hard to figure out what's going on.

Jon