[ic] How can we make interchange *NOT* parse a page?

Fri Nov 16 21:16:00 2001

Quoting Joachim Leidinger (jojo@blackpoint.de):
> Jon Jensen wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Jason Korkin wrote:
> >
> > > The reparse=0 worked like a charm -- is that documented anywhere?
> >
> > http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev-4.8/ictags_2.html#attr_reparse
>
> Dear Mr. Jensen,
>
> I've trouble to understand
> "http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev-4.8/ictags_2.html#attr_reparse",
> because my native language is the german language. If I've a big page,
> will that kind of codes like

>   <head>
>     <title>[scratch mytitle]</title>
> [perl reparse=0]
>   </head>
> ...a very big simple HTML stuff
> [/perl]
>
> prevent IC for any parsing of the big stuff of HTML codes without any
> ITL/IC TAGS?
> Can you give me an simple example, how to use [perl reparse=0] in a
> simple big HTML page?

No, reparse=0 is one of the universal attributes (the other is
interpolate=1). Mostly it is set correctly for all tags, though one
might argue that [perl ...] should have it set 0 by default. (MVASP is
the way to do it if you want that.)

There is no reason to use [perl ...] in the original case.

By far the best way to ensure you won't get output in a region is:

    [strip reparse=0]
	    Big blob of stuff.
    [/strip]

This is fast.

Or you can do:

    [restrict allow=scratch]
	[scratch yourstuff]
    [/restrict]

There are many ways.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of
car payments.  -- Earl Wilson