[ic] Re: bug: 4.8.2 admin UI new super-users cannot edit tables

Bob Ramstad interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Nov 17 16:26:01 2001

Here's some more info on this problem.

When using the wizard, the admin account created works fine and can
edit tables.  That struck me as odd, so I took a look at that user.  I
noticed the "Real name" was set at "Site Admin" so I changed it to my
actual name using the Access part of the Administration UI.

Imagine my surprise when I was thereafter unable to edit tables!

It doesn't seem tied to the actual change of name -- I changed it back
to "Site Admin" and was still unable to edit tables even after logging
out and back in -- but there is definitely something broken in the
Access part of the UI.

As I mentioned earlier, one can simply "touch products/access.asc" to
get back to having one user "interch/pass" as the admin.  Changing the
password on that user does work.

-- Bob