[ic] RE: Entering a Payment Without a Cart

Michel Matte interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Nov 18 15:16:01 2001

Quoting Aron Hazelton:

> [ic] Entering a Payment Without a Cart
>
> FixtureFactor.com interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
> Wed Nov 14 09:03:01 2001
>
>    I think I have been after something similar to you, as I have been
trying
> add items that are not in the catalog.  Check out my posts about "on
the
> fly", since thats the way to do it.  I have implemented "on-the-fly"
> ordering into the order entry page in the admin so i can process
orders with
> phone customers for items that are not in my cat. and it still shows
up on
> all of the forms and reports as any other items, even with negative
amounts.
> Im still struggling with getting it to work in the customer area,
havent
> gotten that to work correctly yet.
> hope this helps,

Thank you for the suggestions.  But I am trying to enter a payment
directly on a
previous balance.  I found my problem. I use a gift certificate type of
item
called "credit",  and enter the amount directly in the quantity field.
It
worked in the basket page but not in the checkout.  That's because the
quantity
field drops the cents in the amount. You have to add a line in
catalog.cfg with:
FractionalItems  Yes.  You can also bypass the basket page with a
similar
command.  You ten have to edit the pages to remove unecessary fields.

The above is much easier than trying to modify a price on the fly.  See
discussion in past July 2001 archives.  Looks very good but all I got
was a
headache.  See also:
http://www.insitehosting.com/icdocs/ic_ecommerce.html

Hope this helps,