[ic] Items list remains empty after upload products ??

MF ramsis interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 10:13:01 2001

Hi ,

I'm running RedHat Linux 7.2   2.4.9-13, MySQLVer 11.15 Distrib 3.23.41,
for redhat-linux-gnu (i386),  IC V4.8.2, used the Redhat RPM's for
install and the CPAN modules.
Install went fine, no errors or dependency issues.

After some days of work I'm not able to convince IC to upload my
products.xls file.
I do this through the wizard, which tells me after the upload that it
was succesfull ..... not really :-(
The Items list remains empty.

I have used also the tarball before, but this has the same effect, no
items are really uploaded in spite of
IC  wizard seas they are ?
Then I installed the demo catalog "foundation-demo" , which went ok, I
can see that the store is populated.
 Then  deleted the "foundation-demo " items/catagories
so i could trie to upload my products.xls file afterwards...... but
still nothing to see despite of IC telling me again that
it went fine.

The products.xls file is populated correctly as it should with the
required feelds (columns).

I've searched the IC users archive for this problem , and found one
problem (  similar
to the one I have, but this person ( George Entenman, date: 11-02-2001)
  gets an error message like :

FATAL error

    DBD::mysql::db do failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
'where sku = 'os28070'' at line 1 at /interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line
1129,  chunk 21.

Unfortunatly, he got no reply.

I really don't know anymore where to look, since Ithere is no error
generated which I could follow up with.

Is this problem known to happen, can some body help out/give me a good
hint ?