[ic] Competitors placing fake orders; need help...

Dan Browning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 18:22:00 2001

> On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Jason Ballou wrote:
>
> JB>>My exceedingly unscrupulous competitors are placing
> JB>>fake orders where they order several thousand of a few items at a
> JB>>time, depleting my inventory numbers for that item and
> preventing my
> JB>>customers from ordering it until I re-inventory the items.
> JB>>
> JB>>I am running version 4.8.1.  What is the easiest way
> JB>>that I can set a maximum quantity per item, keeping in
> JB>>mind that I know almost nothing about programming?
>
> I hope that you are not using IC as a serious inventory
> control. Perhaps Foundation is different, but Construct is
> useless for this.
>
> When I add an item to the store, I set the inventory at
> around 1000000 so that it gets ignored. It's rare that I am
> out of stock on something, or if I am, I can have it in stock
> in 2-3 days. I don't have any problem in writing the order
> up, charging the charge card and back ordering what they have
> ordered. When the charge card fails, I don't have to order the stuff.
>
> If they are giving you a valid charge card that you can
> sucessfully hit let them suffer the problems of getting it
> all cancelled. I would make them wait several days to process
> the credit citing a heavy workload as punishment.
>
> (I'm doing my inventory control, as well as credit card
> processing on my Point Of Sale terminal)
>

> -= Jim =-

Ha ha!  Jim mentioned inventory control, which is my cue to blab on
again about Compiere (are you guys sick of me yet, or what?).  Compiere,
as you have all heard me say before, is the best open source CRM / ERP
out there.  It is now the 5th most active project at sourceforge.net.
Version 2.4.0 beta 2 was just released, so if you haven't already
checked it out, now is the time:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/compiere/

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Dan Browning
Kavod Technologies