[ic] Competitors placing fake orders; need help...

Dan Browning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 18:32:00 2001

> [snip]
>
> >When I add an item to the store, I set the inventory at
> around 1000000
> >so that it gets ignored. It's rare that I am out of stock on
> something,
> >or if
> >am, I can have it in stock in 2-3 days. I don't have any problem in
> >writing the order up, charging the charge card and back
> ordering what
> >they have ordered. When the charge card fails, I don't have to order
> >the stuff.
>
> [snip]
>
> >-= Jim =-
>
> From my work with Gaiam.com, I have always been under the
> understanding that it is illegal to charge a credit card
> before you have shipped the product. Can anyone verify this?
> Maybe it's just a policy that Gaiam has implemented to keep
> their customers happy.  We first developed the site 2 years
> ago, so my rememberance is a bit rusty.
>
> Patrick Bennett

Insurance companies and government insurance (Medicare) place some
restrictions on that sort of thing (e.g. for copays that are paid via
credit card), but other than that I haven't heard of it.

Dan Browning
Kavod Technologies