[ic] Competitors placing fake orders; need help...

Scott Andreas---Learning Services, Inc interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 12:10:00 2001

The Bastards!!!

Since you have their IP information DENY them access to your webserver in
effect you would be blocking access to your webserver from scrupulous
individuals such as they.

Or, tell them that if it happens again you will
report them to the better business bureau and if they do it again follow up
with your threat.

Or, you can always edit the page and display inventory if it is equal to or
less than 0. What this would do is display your products even though your
inventory is in the negative.

GoodLuck

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
Jason Ballou
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 2:37 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: [ic] Competitors placing fake orders; need help...

My exceedingly unscrupulous competitors are placing
fake orders where they order several thousand of a few
items at a time, depleting my inventory numbers for
that item and preventing my customers from ordering it
until I re-inventory the items.

I am running version 4.8.1.  What is the easiest way
that I can set a maximum quantity per item, keeping in
mind that I know almost nothing about programming?

Thanks,
Jason