[ic] Competitors placing fake orders; need help...

Tue Nov 20 15:45:00 2001

The problem being that only works if you have automatic processing.
I think the scenario here is that the order is emailed to the store
owner for the credit card to be processed.  They have - of course -
put in a bad credit card, but one which would pass an AVS check.
During the time it takes for the merchant to realize this and get
rid of the order, the damage has been done and the items have been
unavailable on the site the entire time.

I also think the solution of blocking their traffic could become
difficult, as they can just switch which machine they are doing it
from.  Getting a lawyer involved sounds like the only way.

Very unfortunate.

Patrick Bennett
http://www.ccgenesis.com