[ic] SQL insert with a form - SOLVED

Dorothy Puma interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 17:35:01 2001

Thank you for your help. I still have not been able to get the mv_function_data
fields to work. But, since my real problem was the single quotes in my form
fileds, the fix was setting a filter.

This is what I did that worked:

On my form I had all the normal form fileds with my next page doing all the work

<FORM ACTION="[process-target]" METHOD=POST NAME="main">
<input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo VALUE=return>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE="serviceticket-sent.html">

Here's the Next page:

[query sql="INSERT INTO Tkt SET RequestDetails='[value name=RequestDetails
filter=sql]',customerName='[value customerName]', submittedBy='[value
submittedBy]', timeTkt='[value timeTkt]';"]

The "filter=sql" within the value tag was the answer.

Thanks,
Dorothy