[ic] Interchange installation

Hans Poo interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 12:10:00 2001

El Mié 21 Nov 2001 13:13, JPpatches0@aol.com escribió:
> ok, I typed in this  su -c "/etc/rc.d/init.d/interchange start" interch
> and this is the response i get
>
> bash: /root/.bashrc: permission denied
> starting interchange                [OK]
> touch: creating '/var/lock/subsys/interchange': permission denied
>
> I then went to http://localhost/foundation/index.html and get the customer
> / admin entrance. when i try to click on the url to enter
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/foundation/index.html I get a page that says
> undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/foundation
>
> any ideas on what i'm doing wrong or missing?  I don't understand why i get
> undefined catalog and how to fix this problem

First of all in order to run a shell command as root you must know the root
pasword, and use the su (substitute user no super user) command. In your code
you miss a hypen(-)

su - -c "/etc/rc.d/init.d/interchange start"

more explicit

su - root -c "/etc/rc.d/init.d/interchange start"

and is the same as:

su - root
#/etc/rc.d/init.d/interchange start

Please check: