[ic] Re: missing Perl modules

Wed Nov 21 20:59:01 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

BTJ>>Your nomination for writing this proposed 'Introduction to Interchange'
BTJ>>has been accepted, do we have second?
BTJ>>
BTJ>>All kidding aside, it probably hasn't been done because busy folks
BTJ>>haven't had time to do it and Mike, and crew, can't do it all.  There
BTJ>>was an excellent piece of work contributed this year by Dan Browning on
BTJ>>the How To for CVS and Interchange.  Perhaps he can be encouraged to
BTJ>>consider this too, but as I mentioned, most of us using MV and IC are
BTJ>>busy supporting and deploying sites.

Here's another factor that I think might apply...

Once a person gets past that initial torment of the initial install they
tend to forget what went on there and are more focussed on what  comes next.

Most of us only do a successful install once. (Or, maybe twice - to set up a
second store!)

The real problem (as I see it) is not in the installation, but in building
and maintaining the store afterwards. (The installation was not easy for me,
at the time, and I had to hire help. But, compared to what came later it was
a piece of cake!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Wednesday, November 21, 2001 at 20:55 PM:
I drink to make other people interesting.

This Linux System has been up 240 hours