[ic] Netscape 4.7 / Explorer Differences !

joachim.richter interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Nov 22 10:25:00 2001

Hi List ,

the problem below was solved with Mike Heins several months ago.

		    fi=test
		    sf=testfield
		    se=test item
		    tf=title
		    ml=15
		]">[item-field article]</a>

Since then I write all links like the above and they work fine with all browsers.
But what is to do if instead of se=test item I have a scratch variable
like [scratch dummy] ? exchanging test item with [scratch dummy] does not work.
What to do now ? Any clues?

> Hi there,
>
> how can I resolve this strange problem. this link works fine with the
> internet explorer 5.5
> with the netscape 4.7 it doesnt

                                                              ^

Never generate a link like that, that is how. I won't listen to anyone
tell me "it works". 8-)

		    fi=test
		    sf=testfield
		    se=test item
		    tf=title
		    ml=15
		]">[item-field article]</a>

For hard-coded links, use the full URL plus a %20 for the space.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

If you like what you're gettin', keep doin' what you're doin'. -- Hector

US Video Center Medien GmbH
Heimsheimer Str 22
70499 Stuttgart

Tel 0711 880252 0