[ic] search error: Limit subroutine creation

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 18:01:00 2001

cfm@maine.com wrote:
> > I've trouble to try out the reason of the following error messages:
> >
> > 192.168.3.1 J8hvxIYc:192.168.3.1 - [23/November/2001:22:02:33 +0100]
> > intos
> > /cgi-bin/intos/scan/va=Selektionskz=0/sp=kresults_easy2G/tf=RN:n/co=yes/sf=Gruppe/se=SCSI
> > Kabel/su=yes/sf=Untergruppe/se=SCSI-III (U2W/160) Flachbandkabel mit
> > Terminator/su=yes/va=katalogseite=173/va=group=SCSI
> > Kabel/va=subgroup=SCSI-III (U2W/160) Flachbandkabel mit Terminator
> > search error: Limit subroutine creation: Bad code: /SCSI-III (U2W/:
> > unmatched () in regexp at (eval 230) line 6, <SEARCH> chunk 1.
> > >
> ...>
> > This message is comming four times by one searching access for the group
> > (Gruppe) and subgroup (Untergruppe).
> >
> > What is the reason?
> >
> > Any suggestions, helps and hints are very welcome!
>
> We don't use that kind of search any more so I can't give you any code.

What kind of search? I'm in a muddle!

> What we **used to do** was maintain separate fields, pre-massaging the
> database on import, so that a category like "SCSI-III (U2W/160) asdf%:\+..@"
> would map to something safe, typically something like this:
>
> sub Squash {
>     my($s);
>     $s=$_[0];
>
>     $s=~tr /A-Za-z0-9+-/_/cs; # if you need case sensitive
>     $s=~s/_+$//;
>     $s=~s/^_+//;
>     return $s;
> }
>
> Now we map all our categories to integers.  :-)

I'm very sorry! I've no clue, what you are talking about!
I use the above search url via LWP::UserAgent in my perl script to call
a IC page to search for a group "SCSI Kabel" and to search for a
subgroup "SCSI-III (U2W/160) LVD Kabel" and store it as a HTML file.
After that, I build all that files as an one PDF file via the program
"htmldoc". All other groups has the right contents in the one PDF file.
But this group is empty in the PDF Files. Looking intos the
creating/storing html files of the empty group (SCSI Kabel) show me, it
is emtpy and the whole empty html file is wrong. There are a lot of
wrong missing start html tags and end html tags. Something is breaking
any IC tag for parsing or so. I've 233 PDF files and 9 of this files of
the subgroup "...(U2W)...Kabel" or "...(V)..." are empty. But there are
a lot of another groups and subgroups with "..(..).." and all that files
are right ind HTML and PDF too!

I need more information for the stupid old german boy with bad mental
capability of english language, to understand the error message from IC
so, that I'm able to solve the problem.

If you are so kind to explain me the meaning of the error message, I
will be very glad about your help, information or suggestions.

Thank you very much and please .... stay on this threat!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]